What do you need to know about me? Well, I think when we meet you will find I am very easy to talk to, and very "down-to-earth." I know how hard it can be to come in and talk to a complete stranger about personal issues. But I think you will find that when you do, you'll find I can often help you to look at your issues in a new way.
While my license is as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, at this point I am only taking new individual clients. With over 28 years experience as a therapist, I provide support and practical feedback to help you effectively address the challenges you are facing in your life. With compassion and understanding, I work with you to help you build on your strengths and attain the personal growth you are committed to accomplishing. Much of my job is to ask you questions you may not have asked yourself, to help you think about yourself and your problems in a new way, so that you can get "unstuck."
A few personal notes: I've been married for 34 years, so I've learned a lot over those years about what it takes to make a relationship work. I also know firsthand that even the healthiest relationships can get stuck at times. Before I was married, I had a few less-than-ideal relationships that taught me some valuable lessons about myself. I have a 24 year old daughter, so understand the daily joys and challenges of parenting.
- Master's of Science in Counseling Psychology, San Jose State University, San Jose, California
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Syracuse University, New York
License, Awards, and Publications
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, California (MFC27210)
- Named Outstanding Clinical Member, 2004, California Assn. of Marriage and Family Therapists, Santa Clara Valley Chapter
- Author, Navigating the Insurance Maze: The Therapist's Complete Guide to Working With Insurance -- And Whether You Should (now in it's seventh edition)
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Past Member, Board of Directors, California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (31,000 members)
- Previous Ethics Committee Member, California Assn. of Marriage and Family Therapists
Clinical Member, California Assn. of Marriage and Family Therapists
- Clinical Member and Past Board Member, California Assn. of Marriage and Family Therapists, Santa Clara Valley Chapter
- Clinical Member, California Assn. of Marriage and Family Therapists, East Bay Chapter
- Clinical Member, California Assn. of Marriage and Family Therapists, San Francisco Chapter
- Instructor, JFK University Continuing Education Department, Pleasant Hill, California
- Over 55 presentations training therapists all over the state on topics including ethical private practice, note taking and client charts, treatment planning, and working with insurance