My fee is $110 for our first 50-minute session, $100 for each 50-minute session after that. Couples or family therapy is $110 per 50 minutes.
Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or Employee Assistance Plan. I am a preferred provider with many health plans, including those listed below, which typically means you will have to pay only your copayment and deductible (if any) at our session -- I will take care of the billing for you. If I am NOT a provider for your health insurance, I will give you invoices you can submit to your plan, and I will help you seek reimbursement. Either way, before we start work together I will be happy to call your insurance plan to help you find out the details and limitations of your coverage.
I am a Preferred Provider for:
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Beacon Health Strategies
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross
- Blue Shield
- CIGNA Behavioral Health
- Choice Care
- Claremont Behavioral Services
- CONCERN EAP
- First Health
- HMSA (Health Management Systems of America) EAP
- Humana/Choice Care
- LifeSynch Administrators
- Live and Work Well EAP (UBH)
- Magellan Behavioral Health (EAP and Mental Health Plans)
- Medi-Cal (only some plans)
- OPTUM Behavioral Health
- PHCS (Private Health Care Systems)
- Santa Clara County Preferred 100
- Sobel and Raciti EAP
- UBH/USBH/UHC (United Behavioral Health/US Behavioral Health/United HealthCare)
- USA Health Network
Value Options(now Beacon)
If you don't see your health plan on this list, contact me. With certain plans, even though I am not on their network I will sometimes agree to accept your copayment and bill the insurance plan for the balance. You may find that your copayment is not much higher to see me than to see someone on your provider list.
While I will contact your insurance plan, it is highly recommended that you also contact the plan and get details about your coverage. A quick phone call can save a lot of headaches later, and help you make informed decisions related to your care. Important questions to ask include:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- Is the therapist I want to see on your preferred provider list?
- If not, what is your coverage for out-of-network providers?
- What is my deductible and has it been met for the year?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover with this therapist?
- How much will I be responsible to pay at each therapy session?
- Is preauthorization required before I make an appointment?
Reduced fee services are available on a limited basis. Please call me to discuss this.
Please be prepared to pay at your session. If you are using your insurance, you are still responsible for paying your deductible (if any) and copayment at the session. No bills will be sent to you. Cash and check are accepted for payment, or for payments of $100 or over you may make a payment in advance on this website (go to the "Make a Payment" page).
I put aside your scheduled appointment time for you, and cannot bill your insurance for a missed session. Therefore, if you do not show up for an appointment or cancel without 24 hours notice, you will be responsbile pay the full cost of the session, not just your copayment (if I am a preferred provider for your insurance plan, the "full cost" may be your preferred provider discounted amount.) Of course, I will make exceptions in cases of emergency or illness where 24 hours advance notice was not possible. If I forget a scheduled appointment, I owe you a free session.
To request a therapy appointment now, click .
Questions? Please contact me for further information.